Wednesday 2 June 2010

volkstuintje en haken (garden and crocheting)

ROOD! De eerste klaprozen zijn open!! Mijn dochter maakte overigens deze foto vandaag. Heel goed gelukt denk ik. Ik zou wel de hele dag tussen de klaprozen kunnen zitten.

RED! The first poppies are flowering! My daughter made this picture today. She did very well I think. I could easily sit between the poppies all day.


BLAUW! Ik vind deze geraniumkleur erg mooi.

BLUE! I love the colour of this geranium.




Daar dronken we samen thee, mijn dochter, de hondjes en ik.

That's where we had tea together, my daughter, de dogs and me.



Goof was de eerste die op de bank zat, klaar voor iets lekkers.

The first one on te gardenbench was Goof, ready for something nice to eat.




Zo geef ik hier de planten water....met een echte ouderwetse waterpomp. Na een droge periode ben ik dan ook erg blij als het weer eens gaat regenen!

This is how I water the plants...I use the old waterpump. So after a dry period I am happy if its raining for a while.



De laatste foto van vandaag heb ik binnen gemaakt van een deel van een gehaakte sprei. Hij is gemaakt van kleine strengen wol, allemaal restjes. De vierkantjes had ik al lang liggen toen ik eindelijk heel duidelijk uitgelegde beschrijvingen vond over het aan elkaar zetten van gehaakte vierkantjes ( er is zelfs een manier om ze tijdens het haken direct aan elkaar te zetten, wist ik ook niet...)Je vind het op de weblog van Lucy. Je leest het aan de linkerkant onder het kopje : pages. Er staan ook tutorials van hele leuke patronen. Ik heb uren zitten lezen. Ik heb ook uitgepuzzeld wat de Engelse namen zijn voor de steken en met succes!
The last picture of the day was taken inside the house of a start of some crocheting. Those little squares are made of a bag full of tiny little pieces of woolen strings. All left overs. I read some very clear explanations on how to crochet the squares together on the weblog of Lucy .Look under : Pages, on the left side. She made tutorials about some very nice patterns too. I spend hours reading them. I also tried to translate the names of the different stitches with succes!



Het is al weer gauw laat zie ik, tot gauw

It is already getting late, see you soon,
Groetjes
Annemieke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Annemieke, you have a lovely garden and the weather looks perfect. Here in Australia we are in winter so it is cold and the gardens bare, I do have some pansies in pots and incredibly my camellia's are flowering!! Your crochet is beautiful, I love the cream/white in between, I saw a crochet blanket at a shop a while ago that used pinks, yellows and greens and then had the cream in between, it was beautiful. Have a good evening and enjoy the lovely weather! Regards, Ann ~ Australia.

Karen said...

Lovely post Annemieke! Beautiful photos of your garden and I really like your crocheting. When winter comes back around I would like to try a little crocheting again.