Friday 8 April 2016

Different fabrics and end of USA visit


My friend from Maryland, USA gave me hand dyed fabrics to take home with me and I made this Amish style top out of a red and blue one. This is the first time, I think, I used hand dyes in a quilt like this.
And to make the triangles I finally used the paper: triangles on a roll I won last year

She also taught me  how to machine quilt feathers. I still have to practice a lot, but I like doing it. I hope to show you feathers on this quilt soon.


On our holiday week we turned these shirts into.....

 ...quilting fabrics! Even some dresses of beautiful eyelet fabric (in Dutch: Broderie)!

There were unbelievable large thrift stores... Here I learned to look differently at used fabrics. We had so much fun hunting for good finds!!!


These fabrics are from quilt shops, the AQS quilt show, a real Amish quilt shop, Jo Ann fabrics and even my friend gave me fabric from her stash;) I hope to start using them soon, so I can show new ideas!

The holiday week at my friend and her husbands home gave me lots of good, happy memories!!! We could talk about quilts and exchange ideas forever. It couldn't be any better!


Wishing you a very happy and creative week!

Groetjes

Annemieke

3 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I am so happy you had a good time! I wish we could have met up, maybe next time!

Dawn said...

I am so glad you had a nice trip!

Nifty Quilts said...

Oh, I love seeing your pile of shirt fabrics! Shopping for them is just as fun as using them. I can see you've caught the thrift store bug. ; >